Back In The Saddle Again

To think that Doc was actually worried about how I would act once I went back to work on site is kind of insulting. She was so concerned, that she asked to bring me in for a practice run. You’d think that after living and working with me 24/7 for for over eight years she would know me better than that, but apparently not.

We have been getting up early the entire time we worked from home and stuck to the same schedule, so when the alarm went off at 5am, I was ready to roll. After we arrived at work and put our things away in the office, the first thing Doc had me do was get acclimated to the surroundings again. It was no big deal, same old smells, same old buildings. Then Doc said it was time to go and visit some of the staff and patients. Now I have to admit I was a little nervous, you know that feeling you get in your stomach when you’re a little anxious? As we approached the area where the patients checked in I had all sorts of worries pop into my head. What if no one remembers me? What If another therapy dog took over while I was gone and they like that dog better? Doc noticing I was a little apprehensive assured me that everything was going to be fine. “Who on earth would forget you Grover? she said, now lets get to work.”

As usual Doc was right. All day long I got hugs, belly rubs, and and smiles as people exclaimed ” Oh Grover is back!” In return I gave back puppy kisses and cuddled up next to everyone so it would be easy for them to give me treats and take selfies with me if they so desired. I really did get the celebrity treatment. I kind of felt sorry for Doc but I guess someone has to be the star of the family.

By the time we got home I have to admit I was exhausted. Its hard work taking care of everyone. After a little snack I crawled up on Doc’s bed and fell into a deep sleep for about three hours. Doc told me I was snoring I was so tired. Today we are working from home again and I have to admit I need a day of rest. I’m not the young dog I use to be and need more beauty sleep. Gradually we will work our way back to being full time at the office and just like I learned to adjust to being at home I will bounce right back when we return. I guess life is like that sometimes, unforeseen events happen, things change and we try our best to adapt and move forward.

Comments are closed.